CC comments – 15.05.2018
LAST REVISED: [23/05/2018]
If you have questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or write to us at: Coca-Cola Great Britain, 1A Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0EA.
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
· Cookies are a standard feature of websites that allow us to store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. They are widely used to help make websites work or work in a better, more efficient way, such as by recognizing you and remembering information that will make your use of the website more convenient (such as by remembering your preference settings). Cookies also help us to learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement, and to track your usage of the Site to provide you with targeted advertisements.
· First-party cookies and third-party cookies
Cookies are downloaded by your internet browser the first time you visit the Site. The next time you visit the Site from the same device, the cookie and the information stored in it is either sent back to the site that generated it (first-party cookie) or to a different website to which it belongs (third-party cookie).
First-party and third-party cookies enable the website to recognize whether you have already accessed the Site through this browser and, in many cases, it then make the content displayed vary.
If you deny the use of all cookies, neither first-party cookies nor third-party cookies will be used. There will be no differentiation between both types of cookies.
· Persistent and session cookies
Depending on their lifespan, Cookies can be distinguished between “persistent” or “session” cookies.
A persistent cookie is a cookie that is stored on your computer until it expires or you delete it.
A session cookie, on the other hand, is deleted when you close your browser.
Apart from the acceptance of cookies when visiting the Site as described in the way as set out below you generally can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. For further details see below under No. 2.
2. HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES?
If you reject the use of all cookies, first-party and third-party cookies will be deactivated. Moreover, first-party cookies will be deleted. We are not able to delete any third-party cookie. Therefore, you have to delete third-party cookies on your own. This can be done within the settings of your browser (see next bullet).
· Deactivate and/or delete cookies via your browser
Alternatively and/or in addition, you can change your cookie settings within your internet browser. Your internet browser allows you to change your cookie settings. Such browser settings for cookies are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu of your internet browser. You may also consult the browser´s “help” menu. Different browsers may use different mechanisms to disable cookies.
Please consult the below links for more details on how to manage your cookie settings:
As regards the browser settings for the deletion of former cookies, the same principles apply as for the deactivation of new cookies via your browser settings. Please follow the respective guidance of your browser as described above .
There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you visit this Site from different computers, it will be necessary to repeat the modification of your settings.
3. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Below we list the different types of cookies that we and third parties use on the Site: Strictly Necessary Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, Targeting Cookies and Social Media Cookies.
In particular, the Strictly Necessary cookies that we use are:
1. cookies which are solely used for carrying out the transmission of the communication over the internet; and
2. cookies which are strictly necessary in order for us to provide you the service that you explicitly requested (i.e. if these cookies are disabled, we won't be able to provide you with the service that you have expressly requested).
The use of Strictly Necessary Cookies for the purposes described above is based on our legitimate interests to ensure the proper technical functioning, access and use of the Site, and provide you with the service(s) that you explicitly requested.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to provide us with statistical information about performance of our Site (e.g. to count visits, traffic sources).
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. This category may include third-party cookies.
- Targeting Cookies. Targeting cookies are set to display targeted advertisements based upon your interests on the Site or to manage our advertising. These cookies collect information about your activities on this Site and other sites to provide you targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: Social media cookies collect information about social media usage, to build your profile.
The tables below contains a list of all the different types of cookies we and third parties use on the Site, together with information regarding their, retention periods (i.e. how long each cookie will remain on your device), their source (i.e. 1st party or third-party cookies) and the existence of data transfers outside the European Economic Union:
COOKIE CONSENT LANGUAGE